10-year HyMeX Workshop, 25 - 29 May 2020, Toulouse, France
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown measures in a number of countries, the 10-year HyMeX Workshop is cancelled.
The workshop may be rescheduled later in 2021. Take care!
This edition of the yearly HyMeX International Workshops will be largely devoted to the review of the programme's major results since its beginning in 2010, as well as its legacy in terms of advances, dynamics and challenges for the years to come. Besides the 10-year review sessions, the workshop will consist of plenary and parallel sessions to present and discuss recent scientifc progresses in the understanding of the Mediterranean water cycle and associated hydrometeorological extremes. Specific presentations of the programme's results to practioners are scheduled on Thurday 28 May.
Abstract submission - now closed
Practitioners’ Day 28 May 2020
Within the framework of the workshop, a day of presentation of the 10-year HyMeX results for practitioners is scheduled on Thursday, 28 May. This day will be organised in sessions of 1h-2h, with presentations by the researchers involved in the programme followed by a question and discussion time with the participants. Participants will choose the sessions they wish to attend at the time of registration. The sessions will be in French or English, depending on the speakers and audience. There will be no registration fee for attending the practitioners' day only, but registration will be required.
Venue and location
The 10-year HyMeX Workshop will take place at the International Conference Center of Météo-France in Toulouse. Located just 8 km from the Toulouse international airport and connected by public transport to downtown, the conference center is located on the Météo-France campus, bringing together central operational services, CNRM and the Met school, as well as the national flood forecasting service. Toulouse, the pink city, is the capital of the Occitanie Region bordering the northwestern Mediterranean Sea.
- 10 February 2020: Abstract submission closed
- 2 March 2020: Notification about abstract acceptance
- 20 March 2020: Third circular with the preliminary programmes
- 3 April 2020: Deadline for early bird and practioners' day registrations
- 24 April 2020: Registration deadline
Registration and fees
The full-pack conference fee will cover the conference material, coffee breaks, welcome reception and lunches on Monday, 25 May, Tuesday, 26 May, and Wednesday, 27 May. The conference dinner on Wednesday, 27 May will be optional:
Lunches on Thursday, 28 May and Friday, 29 May are not included in the pack, they can be taken at the campus restaurant and purchased on-site.
- Early bird registration fee (up to 3 April 2020) - 260 Euros
- Registration fee (up to 24 April 2020) - 340 Euros
- Conference dinner - 40 Euros
The scientific programme is scheduled from Monday 25 May to Friday 29 May.
- Véronique Ducrocq, CNRM, France - Chair
- Aaron Boone, CNRM, France
- Christophe Calas, ENM, France
- Silvio Davolio, CNR-ISAC, Italy
- Eric Defer, LA, France
- Paolo Di Girolamo, UNIBAS, Italy
- Philippe Drobinski, LMD, France
- Nadia Fourrié, CNRM, France
- Ali Harzallah, INSTM, Tunisia
- Kristian Horvath, Croatia Met and Hydr. Service, Croatia
- Pierre Javelle, IRSTEA, France
- Gabriel Jorda, IMEDEA, Spain
- Samiro Khodayar, Univ. Valencia, Spain
- Cindy Lebeaupin Brossier, CNRM, France
- Olivier Payrastre, IFSTTAR, France
- Pere Quintana Segui, Obs. Ebro, Spain
- Hélène Roux, IMFT, France
- Isabelle Ruin, IGE, France
- Samuel Somot, CNRM, France
- Yves Tramblay, HSM, France
- Odile Roussot, CNRM - Co-chair
- Laurent Labatut, CNRM - Co-chair
- Christophe Calas, ENM
- Etienne Chabot, ENM
- Véronique Ducrocq, CNRM
- Dominique Lambert, LA
- Cindy Lebeaupin Brossier, CNRM
- Hélène Roux, IMFT
For questions about the workshop, please contact: workshop at- hymex.org.
12th HyMeX Workshop, 20 - 23 May 2019, Split, Croatia
The 12th HyMeX workshop took place from Monday 20 May to Thursday 23 May 2019 in Split, Croatia. It was organised by the Institute of Oceanography and Fisheries, in collaboration with the Croatian Meteorological and Hydrological Service.
11th HyMeX Workshop, 29 May - 2 June 2018, Lecce, Italy
The 11th HyMeX workshop took place from Tuesday 29 May to Saturday 2 June 2018 in Lecce, Italy, at the Grand Hotel Tiziano e dei Congressi (www.grandhoteltiziano.it). It was organized by the Institute of Atmospheric Sciences and Climate of the Italian National Research Council (ISAC-CNR) in collaboration with the University of Salento and the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC).
10th HyMeX Workshop, 4-7 July 2017, Barcelona, Spain
The 10th HyMeX workshop took place from 4 to 7 July 2017, in Barcelona, Spain. The workshop was organized by the Water Research Institute (IdRA) and the Faculty of Physics from the University of Barcelona. It wasd held at the Faculty of Physics of the University of Barcelona.
9th HyMeX Workshop, 21-25 September 2015, Mykonos, Greece
HyMeX 9th workshop took place from 21 to 25 September 2015 at Saint John Hotel, Mykonos Island, Greece.
See also http://hymex.meteo.gr
Integrated Regional Climate Modelling workshop, 20-23 January 2015, Toulouse, France
A 3-day MISTRALS workshop dedicated to the "Integrated Regional Climate Modelling" has been organized in Toulouse (Centre International de Conférences, Météo-France) from 20 to 23 January 2015 within the framework of the AMA2015 conference. The following topics were addressed: ocean-atmosphere-land interactions including coupling and climate physics, chemistry-climate interactions including air quality and aerosols, socio-ecosystem and climate interactions including continental and marine issues). Scientific talks were delivered during the first day. Day 2 and day 3 were dedicated to round table discussions on the following topics:
The full programme of the meeting can be found here (in French).
- Mediterranean climate change impacts
- Continental water cycle in the Mediterranean area
- Integrated modelling of the Mediterranean Sea
- Mediterranean coupled regional climate modelling.
The minutes of the round tables can be found here (in French).
8th HyMeX Workshop, 15-18 September 2014, Valletta, Malta
The programme's 8th workshop took place from 15 to 18 September 2014 at the University of Malta, Valletta Campus, Malta.
7th HyMeX Workshop, 7-10 October 2013, Cassis, France
The 7th HyMeX workshop took place from 7 to 10 October 2013 in Cassis, France, at the congress center Oustau Calendal.
HyMeX SOPs' debriefing workshop, 15-17 April 2013, Toulouse, France
From 15 to 17 April 2013, the International Conference Centre of Météo-France
in Toulouse hosted a 3-day debriefing workshop dedicated to HyMeX SOPs. The
workshop aimed to give an overview of the field operations, review the situations
documented during the IOPs of both SOP1 and SOP2, the datasets available, and
opportunities of further collaborative studies within the working groups in
the domains of: (i) instrument analyses, cross-validation studies, data assimilation,
(ii) multi-scale, multi-compartment modelling using SOP1 and SOP2 data, (iii)
studies of the IOP cases.
6th HyMeX workshop, 7-10 May 2012, Primosten, Croatia
In 2012, the 6th HyMeX workshop was held from 7 to 10 May 2012 in the city of Primosten, Croatia.
The workshop programme and presentations are available below.
HyMeX Task Team Modelling 3 / MedCORDEX workshop, 28-30 March 2012, Toulouse, France
5th HyMeX workshop, 17-19 May 2011, Punta Prima, Sant Luis, Menorca, Spain
A meeting of HyMeX Task Team and Working Group leaders took place at the same location, Monday 16 May 2011.
4th HyMeX workshop, 8-10 June 2010, CNR, Bologna, Italy
The 4th HyMeX Workshop took place in Bologna, Italy. Meetings of the leaders of HyMex Working Groups and Task Teams took place at the same location, Monday 7 June (See specific programme here).
3rd HyMeX workshop, 1-4 June 2009, Gournes Heraklion, Crete, Greece
The 3rd HyMeX workshop took place at HCMR (Hellenic Centre for Marine Research) in Heraklion (Gournes), Crete-Greece. Monday, June 1st was devoted to meetings of the HyMeX Working Groups.
2nd HyMeX workshop, 2-4 June 2008, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France
1st Mediterranean-HyMeX workshop, 9-11 January 2007, Météo-France, Toulouse, France
Other conferences and workshops
- 11th Plinius Conference of the European Geosciences Union on Mediterranean Storms, Barcelona, Spain, 7-11 September 2009
- 30th International Conference on Alpine Meteorology (ICAM), Rastatt, Germany, 11-15 May 2009
- 3rd THORPEX International Science Symposium (TTISS), Monterey, California, 4-8 May 2009
- THORPEX-North Atlantic Waveguide and Downstream Experiment (T-NAWDEX), 1st Planning Meeting, Erding, Germany, 19-20 February 2009